Monday 7 September 2009

Got to start somewhere eh?


So here we go- my first foray into the world of Blogging, and possibly into the world in general. Scary stuff. I'm feeling hugely unprepared, especially seeing as I've had to Google 'Define: Foray' and I've discovered that it means 'a venture or an initial attempt', so does this mean that I ought not to put 'first' in front of 'foray'? Anyway, that's a petty worry, I have considerably more important things to concern myself with:

Like what am I going to do with no white sugar in the house?

(Okay, so that is a stupid question- flapjack of course. Well, duh.)

So this. THIS. Is why I've started this blog. I'm 16, I need to be something. Do something. I'm sure I'm not the only teenager who's felt this. In fact, I'm sure there isn't a teenager who hasn't. But there we go. It's the feet of my adolescence stepping proudly from a room that has far too many clothes on the floor and not enough desk space to actually write on. And a really gorgeous collection of photos on the wall (Tim Minchin featuring heavily, but I can wait to unleash that in another post). This is also an outlett for my absolute addiction to baking, cooking, eating. And recipe books. Who needs Austen when you've got Lawson?

I am not wise beyond my years. I'm 16 and that, blissfully, qualifies me to fail sometimes. Not huge crises, just little ones; staying up until 1am watching comedy repeats on Dave when I've got work the next day, for example.

And so I was stuck at home all day today, just dithering! And I decided it was time to get a project together. So here it is. Here's a little bit of me, not everything- I wouldn't want to worry you now would I?

I will leave you with discovery No .1 : Jamie Oliver is too heavy to have with you in the bath.

1 comment:

  1. I recommend Nigel Slater's Real Fast Puddings as perfect (light) bath-time reading :)

    ReplyDelete